[vtkusers] Finite Element Grid Visulization

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 20:19:54 EST 2006

Hi every one

I have some very high order elements and I want to visulize the mesh
(FEM mesh mesh ).
 Let's assume that my element are rectilinear all. Then the problem is that
I want to visulize
them in different ways and in some cases I want the nodes (boundary and/or
internal) nodes
to be observavle (as small  dots).
Now I guess I should do it in the following way. See if I am right in this
regard.

1.Make low order elements and make the faces transparent (is this possible,
how?)
2.Then add extra cells to the grid. These cells should represent a node each
(including those that fall inside the element).
3.Make the faces of the elements transparent to some extent.

If this is not right then how can I realize my high order elements (with
their nodes) ?

I have seen a figure that shows a delunary trinagulation of random points
using vtk. There the grid is  visulized as
nodes (small spheres) connected with lines (actually pipes). But the example
that
mentions the figure in the book uses the regular vtkUnstructuredGrid. While
other exmples
of the unstructured gird are visulized in a different way (elements have
observable faces)?!!
Can we control the way grid cells are visualized ? Can it be done in a
different way from one cell
to another ?

Many thanks in advance
Davood Ansari O.B.