[vtkusers] Need Help On Premitive Objects

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 23:38:00 EST 2006

Dear All

 I am pretty new to VTK and I know so very little about computer graphics.
Actually I have some very high order  elements (FEM mesh) and they do
 not exits in VTK primitives.

1.Now I guess I can build my own objects (my own element(s)) Is this
right ?if yes then how ?
2. Let's say that I only want to use splines to draw my element boundaries
and edges or I am willing to
    represent my elements by drawing their interpolation nodes. The question
is, is it fine if I create so many
    instances (say thousands or hundred's of thousands) of the same object
(say lines or dots) ?
    How should I do it to be     efficient ?
3. I need to draw many nodes as the very first step. Should I try spheres
for it or there exist another more proper object?

4. Are there any splines available in VTK libraries?

Many Thanks
Davood Ansari