[vtkusers] Re: disable inertia in trackball interaction style?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Nov 23 05:56:09 EST 2006

Dominik Szczerba wrote:
> things are far from intuitive... The biggest pain is that it is easy to use
> things not as they are meant to be used without any warning sign...

I know what you mean- in fact the VTK wiki was set up after one of the
more heated threads on this list, started off by "how was I supposed to
know that!..."

The wiki was supposed to be a more detailed how-to style documentation
by and for the users. It hasn't really gone that way unfortunately.

I think it would be unrealistic to expect every nuance of VTK to be
documented- you get to the stage when you have to read the source code
to learn what is going on under the hood. Luckily VTK is open source and
you can.

I agree though- there is plenty of rope to hang yourself. I suppose it
comes down to the robustness/flexibility play-off.

There you go,

Goodwin