[vtkusers] Unable to port a vtk application to a computer which doesnt have vtk installed.

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Tue Nov 21 20:10:17 EST 2006

Hi Rashed,

On 11/22/06, Rashed Karim <rashed.karim at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had a question, for a quick dirty solution, if I did try copying the vtk
> DLLs, where can I find them. I have looked everywhere in my vtk installation
> folder but cant find them.

That's strange... did you compile with "BUILD_SHARED_LIBS" set to "ON"
in CMake?  If not, there will only be .lib files, and nothing needs to
be copied to the other machine.  If you did indeed compile for shared
libraries, they should be in "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin", while the
.lib files go in "CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/lib".

If this does not help: How does the problem become manifest in the
target environment?  Is there an error message?  If there is, what
does it say?

Obada