[vtkusers] Unable to port a vtk application to a computer which doesnt have vtk installed.

rashed karim rashed.vtk at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:18:38 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have written an application in visual c++ which uses VTK. After compiling
it produces an .exe which runs fine. But, when I copy-paste the .exe file of
this application to another computer which doesn't have VTK compiled and
installed, it doesn't work. It is what I had expected, so I copied all .lib
files (such as vtkHybrid.lib, vtkVolumeRendering.lib, etc) to that computer,
and it still doesnt work.

How can I make my application on the other computer work?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
Rashed karim.