[vtkusers] masking data

Iyer Arvind Sundaram arvind at cgpl.iisc.ernet.in
Mon Nov 20 22:01:52 EST 2006

my domain is quite huge, and i wish to plot the glyph of the velocity vector.

 glyph at all points is useless and time consuming as well as unclear.

Non random masking causes non uniform arrangement of the masked points.

Random masking changes the points list every time it is called. I need to
create a sequence of several glyph-frames to simulate a transient process.

Being so, what i exactly need is a random selection of masked points initially
which do not change thereafter. is there a way to do that?

Can i create a random list of the points (un)masked and use the same list
every time??