[vtkusers] Need Help

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 03:42:25 EST 2006

Hi Every Body

I am doing my PhD research in the area of application of Finite Element
Method
to special microwave problems at National University of Singapore.

Recently I spent a lot of time on generating some purpose specific FEM mesh
and
 now I need a good tool for visualizing my mesh (and later the computational
results).
I am pretty new to vtk but I think it seems to serve the purpose. Now my
question is as follows:

1.Is it easy to use vtk to visualize FEM mesh. Generally this is about
drawing lines,
polygons and polyhedrons in 2D and 3D space?

2.Does vtk provide the tools for drawing such simple geometric objects?

3.Do you think I am aiming at the right tool if vtk is the choice?

4. are there any examples like that ?

5. can I use vtk as a library for c/c++ in Linux and call vtk routines from
my c/c++ codes?

many thanks in advance
Davood Ansari O.B.