[vtkusers] mother board, graphics card, memory, cpu

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Nov 16 11:34:06 EST 2006

Hi Valeria,

To get CrystalEyes stereo on nVidia, you need to get one of their Quadro
boards.

The nVidia "clone" mode isn't for stereo: it is for providing the same
image on two outputs, not different images.

The easiest way to do stereo on two projectors is to get a video board
that supports crystal eyes (e.g nVidia Quadro), and to buy a stereo
"demultiplexer" that will split the crystal eyes signal into left and
right video signals. The demultiplexer sold by cyviz is a popular one,
but there are probably others out there, too.

The requirements for dual-projector stereo are as follows:

1) Software capable of quad-buffer stereo (e.g. VTK)
2) Any graphics card capable of quad-buffer stereo, with a crystal-eyes
output connector
3) A demultiplexer
4) Two DLP projectors (LCD won't work, because they produce strongly
polarized light)
5) Polarized shutters for the projectors

I hope this is what you were looking for.

- David