[vtkusers] mother board, graphics card, memory, cpu

Valeria Gallo g_luigi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Nov 16 11:04:52 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm working in a research centre on a ambitious project that includes the
use of several open-source libraries, such as Visualization Toolkit, Open
Scene Graph, Virtual Juggler.
Actually, we have a Wildcat II 5110 graphics card on a lapsed pc, and using
the VTK library we found a lot of difficulties because, with this card, we
have to manually manage two different windows in a double-wide mode
(side-by-side stereo).

I heard about NVIDIA "clone mode" that allow us to use the Crystal Eyes
stereo modality supported by VTK...

To solve our difficulties we are thinking to buy a pc graphics dedicated to
watch 3d models in stereo, using:

*               passive polarized stereo glasses;
*               two projectors BenQ model PB8250
*                   DLP;
*                   3000 ANSI lumens;
*                   1.2x
*                   resolution 1024x768;
*                   HDTV;
*                   4:3.

Can you advise me about the best hardware solution* for my problem using the
above projectors and glasses?
Don't care about the price, I would like to know the different possibilities
with your products to obtain the best stereo results.
Thanks in advance.

With regards,
Valeria.

*