[vtkusers] best fit of surface models

Taro Trabish tarotrabish at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:23:33 EST 2006

Hi all,

I have a new surface models (e.g STL models) of an object of slightly different sizes/shapes.  I would like to compute a best fit surface or average surface from my input surfaces.  Eventually I'll have a few hundred of these surfaces and I'd like to "bin" them into classes, e.g. small, medium and large with a best fit of each class.  I searched around but couldn't find any class(es) that would do the task.. but I'm fairly new to VTK.  Does anyone know of how to tackle this problem with VTK.

Thanks
Taro