[vtkusers] off screen rendering

Shari Rolnick shari at loralee.net
Wed Nov 15 10:16:53 EST 2006

You need to rebuild VTK with mangled Mesa.  There is a good description of
how to do that here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK:How_I_mangled_Mesa

Once you have done that, you will need to change the method calls in your
code slightly.  The description of that appears near the bottom of this
page:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_OpenGL

I have gotten Mangled Mesa working with VTK for offscreen rendering using
VTK 4.4.  I’m having trouble with VTK 5.0 on a second system, but I think
the instructions are probably still good.  I think I probably just did
something dumb and haven’t figured out what it is yet.  :-)  Good luck!

Shari

  _____