[vtkusers] Urgent!how to get data about cells, points and data attributes of dataset in java

shu gao gshu418 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:51:59 EST 2006

Dear all,
      I am newbie to VTK from Java.I need to save  data about cells , points
and data attributes of dataset ,including vtkPolyData
,vtkStructuredPoint,vtkStructuredGrid and vtkUnstructuredGrid, to a file in
server side, and then read these data from the file to rebuild the objects
of same dataset in client side.I do not know which member functions in Java
classes I could use to read data about cells,point ,data attribute of
dataset. For example ,

  vtkVolume16Reader v16 = new vtkVolume16Reader();
   v16.SetDataDimensions(64, 64);
   v16.SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
   v16.SetFilePrefix(VtkUtil.getVtkDataRoot() + "/Data/headsq/quarter");
   v16.SetImageRange(1, 93);
   v16.SetDataSpacing(3.2, 3.2, 1.5);
   vtkContourFilter skinExtractor = new vtkContourFilter();
   skinExtractor.SetInput(v16.GetOutput());
   vtkPolyData  tempdata=v16.GetOutput();

I do not know how to get data about cells,points and data attributes of
tempdata because I need to save them to a file and to rebuild a new object
which is equal to tempdata in client side.Any suggestions would be
helpful.Many

thanks in advance.

Gao Shu