[vtkusers] Render/mapping progress

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Fri Nov 10 14:07:01 EST 2006

Hi Patrick,

vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper may be the only one that directly
invokes a vtkCommand::ProgressEvent. However, several mappers call
UpdateProgress (implemented in vtkAlgorithm), which also invokes a
ProgressEvent. Not necessarily all mappers have progress events, but
several of them do. In VTK 5.0, the mappers that have progress events are:

vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper
vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastMapper
vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeZSweepMapper