[vtkusers] Render/mapping progress

Patrick D. Emond patrickdemond at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 13:51:14 EST 2006

Hello all,

I was looking into how to add observers to a mapper's progress and from
what I can tell the only mapper class that invokes progress events is
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper through a macro in
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastHelper.h called
VTKKWRCHelper_IncrementAndLoopEnd()

I was wondering if anyone out there knows why there are no progress
events invoked in any other mappers.  My first thought was to go ahead
and try to figure out how to implement them, but before I go to the
trouble I wanted to know if there is a good reason why this has never
been done.

Cheers,
Patrick