[vtkusers] Problem compiling InsightApplications agains VTK 5.1 (cvs)

Kent Williams kent at psychiatry.uiowa.edu
Mon Nov 6 15:41:30 EST 2006

This one is a stumper for me.  When I compile
InsightApplications/ThresholdSegmentationLevelSet,
ShapeDetectionLevelSet, or DeformableRegistration3DTimeseries, I get
this link error:

.../lib/libvtkRendering.a(vtkCellCenterDepthSort.o)(.text+0x3d9): In
function `vtkCellCenterDepthSort::GetNextCells()':
.../VTK/Rendering/vtkCellCenterDepthSort.cxx:249: undefined reference to
`vtkSortDataArray::Sort(vtkDataArray*, vtkDataArray*)'

I thought just changing the link order -- what this message tells me is
that vtkRendering depends on vtkGraphics (where vtkSortDataArray lives),
but that doesn't do it.
Then I looked at the CMakeLists.txt file in VTK/Rendering, with the
intention of making Rendering depend on Graphics, but VTK seems to have
it's own dialect of CMake that means there's no obvious place to force
the dependency.

This is with Insight CVS, InsightApplications CVS, VTK 5.1 (CVS).
System: RHEL Linux, gcc 4.1.0 ...