[vtkusers] Stereo rendering problem

Andrew J. Dolgert ajd27 at tc.cornell.edu
Mon Nov 6 12:49:34 EST 2006

You are thinking of showing stereo images by putting a separate image on
each screen yourself, but there is a more automatic way to do it. The
Wildcat II 5110 drivers have a setting to enable stereo, at least on
Windows and maybe on Linux. You need to go into the driver control and
look deep in the Advanced section. When you enable stereo in the driver,
you also have to tell VTK to ask OpenGL to display in stereo, and I
think you have done the right settings in VTK for that to work. Both
video outputs from the display adapter will show the same image most of
the time, so you can no longer extend your desktop to on the second
display this way.

You have included a call to StereoUpdate, and I'm not sure what
"StereoUpdate" does. It may not be necessary. I haven't done this in a
year or two, and you used to be able to use the regular Render() command
once you enabled stereo in the render window.

- Drew