[vtkusers] Problems with VS 2005 and VTK (vtkrendering.lib)

mam06bhv mam06bhv at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Nov 2 04:24:49 EST 2006

That's what I mean in some previous mails. Everyone give me hints but
bnothing is a complete solution.

Ning Ye schrieb:
> Obada is right, don't give up VTK. It's really a cool stuff.
> Actually, you CAN use VTK in VC++ .NET 2005 for your own project
> without CMake.
> Here's my step in great detail:
> -------- Build and install VTK, CMake is needed here for only once
> --------
> 1. Extract VTK source code to a directory, say,
> D:\Programming\VTK\vtk-5.0.2\src
> 2. Make another directory for build, say,
> D:\Programming\VTK\vtk-5.0.2\build
> 3. Run CMake and configure it as shown in the picture attached, press OK
> 4. Enter the build directory, D:\Programming\VTK\vtk-5.0.2\build, open
> the solution file VTK.sln
> 5. Set the solution configuration to Debug mode, right click
> ALL_BUILD, build
> 6. Right click INSTALL, build
someone told me that is not necessary, but I did it
> 7. Enter the install directory, for me, it's C:\Program Files\VTK
whatr have you installed there. I don't have such a directory after all
I did
> 8. Enter the sub-directory for library, i.e., C:\Program
> Files\VTK\lib, for now, all the .lib files here are built under Debug,
> you can use them for Debug in your own project
> 9. So, make a new directory here, say, C:\Program Files\VTK\lib\debug,
> and move all the .lib files into it
> 10. Back to VC++, this time, set your solution configuration to
> Release mode and redo step 5 and 6
> 11. Enter C:\Program Files\VTK\lib again, now, all the .lib files are
> built under Release, you can use them for Release in your own project
> 12. So, make another new directory here, say, C:\Program
> Files\VTK\lib\release, and move all the .lib files into it
> 13. Installation part is done.
> --------Configuration for your own project--------
> 1. Configure VC++ INCLUDE path: Tools->Options->Projects and
> Solutions->VC++ Directories->Include files, add the VTK include
> directory into the list, for me, it's C:\Program Files\VTK\include
whre do you get the include directory from? I have (if I have count all)
5 include directories