[vtkusers] Interaction with vtkRenderWindowInteractor while a callback function is running.

Aroosha Laghaee a.laghaee at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed May 10 12:25:28 EDT 2006

Dear All,

I wonder if anyone can tell me whether it is possible to interact with
a vtkRenderWindowInteractor while a callback function is running as a
result of a previous interaction?

Currently I have a set of functions which run when I interact with my
scene in certain ways (e.g. I drag a ball about the scene which causes
a robot arm to reach for it). But while the reaching behaviour function
is running I can no longer interact with my window until my function
returns. Is there any way of maintaining interaction before these
callback functions return (e.g. press key to halt reaching behaviour)?

Many thanks,
        Aroosha