[vtkusers] Iterative Closest Point Transform

Benedikt Birkenbach birkenbach at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Wed May 10 09:19:30 EDT 2006

Hi,

I spend a lot of time to get the ICP running. Anyway,
my datasets are unstructured grids with target dimension = 31 26 1 and source
dimension a bit lower (around 21 20 1).

The result is ok, although the two surfaces traverse, something I don't want,
but do not know right now how to fix it.

Here some example of running code

vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform * make_icp(vtkDataSet * source, vtkDataSet *
target, int iter)
{
	vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform * icp =
		vtkIterativeClosestPointTransform::New();
	icp->SetSource(source);
	icp->SetTarget(target);
	//	icp->DebugOn();
	icp->SetMaximumNumberOfIterations(iter);
	icp->SetMaximumNumberOfLandmarks(source->GetNumberOfPoints());
	icp->SetCheckMeanDistance(1);
	icp->SetMaximumMeanDistance(0.0000001);
	icp->GetLandmarkTransform()->SetModeToRigidBody();
	icp->Modified();
	icp->Update();
	return icp;
};

Regards

Benedikt

Justus Kreuels wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I need an example c++ file for the use of iterative closest point
> transform. I tried a lot of things but in fact i don't get it.
> Vtk doesn't accept my input data or I produce windows runtime errors. I
> think the reason ist wrong type casting of the parameters of SetTarget
> and SetSource.
> Perhaps someone can mail me such an example file so that I can
> understand what ICP needs.

/ __ \/ __ \|__  || |/ /  Benedikt Birkenbach                 |
|  __/|  __/  / / |   /   RRZK/ZAIK der Universitaet zu Koeln |
|_|\_\|_|\_\|____||_|\_\  http://www.uni-koeln.de/RRZK/       |