[vtkusers] Shared libraries build on SUSE 10.0 64bit

Toon Huysmans denhuys at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 11:02:26 EST 2006

Hi ,

I am trying to build vtk cvs on a dual opteron machine running SUSE
linux 10.0 64bit. When I use the standard options that cmake proposes to
me, the build process (using make) ends without errors.   When I enable
the BUILD_SHARED_LIBS cache value, then the build process end
prematurely:

cmi-132-207:/data/lib/vtk/vtk-cvs/build/linux # make

Scanning dependencies of target vtksys
Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/CommandLineArguments.o
Building C object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/ProcessUNIX.o
Building C object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/Base64.o
Building CXX object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/Directory.o
Building CXX object
Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/RegularExpression.o
Building CXX object Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/SystemTools.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libvtksys.so
make[2]: *** [bin/libvtksys.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Utilities/kwsys/CMakeFiles/vtksys.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

cmi-132-207:/data/lib/vtk/vtk-cvs/build/linux #

There seems to be no error message, so I don't have a clue what the
problem could be.

Any Ideas? I you need more info, just ask!

Greetings,

Toon.

Postal Address:

  Vision Lab, Department of Physics