[vtkusers] ccmake error / no executable (Compiling VTK)

Anders Christensen hejmand at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:37:26 EST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to install The Visualization ToolKit (public.kitware.com/VTK/)
on a Solaris 10 machine. I'm using Sun's C/C++ compilers for the purpose.

The Makefile generation with ccmake had some kind of problem saying
"Errors occurred during the last pass" several times and presenting this
error
   It is impossible to order the linker search path in such a way that
   libraries specified as full paths will be picked by the linker.
   Directories and libraries involved are: Directory: /usr/lib contains:
   Library: /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so
   Library: /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so

   Directory: /usr/openwin/lib contains:
   Library: /usr/lib/libGL.so

Nevertheless I tried to compile the project (using the Makefiles generated
by ccmake)
   make
   make install

No compilation errors, and some stuff was copied to my install-dir. But
I'm unable to locate the executable "vtk".

I hope that someone has an idea what the problem could be...
(And please let me know if you need more info about the process).

./Anders.