[vtkusers] Loading Images from Memory

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Mar 9 13:02:19 EST 2006

Salut Mathieu,

	Two things:

#1 If you are trying to load a memory buffer into a vtkImageData and
this memory buffer is uncompressed and indeed contains something VTK can
deal with (RBG values for instance). Then yes they are multiple way of
doing so.

#2. If you are looking for the API of the libpng to do memory file
decompression, then this is not the right ML for that. I'd suggest
posting to the libpng newsgroups or ML. The vtkPNGReader is only dealing
with files.

HTH
Mathieu