[vtkusers] stereo 3D glasses problem

Alejandro Ospino aospino at numerica.com.co
Thu Mar 9 12:20:13 EST 2006

Hi every one,

I was wondering if anyone could provide some hints on the following:
3D stereo shutter glasses works.

I've a 3d application. for example, just a piepeline:
cone-mapper-actor-renderer-renderwindow-and-interactor
with SetStereoCapableWindow(1) and SetStereoTypeToRedBlue() and it works
fine in 3d anaglyph mode.

by the other way, i've a 3d wireless shutter glasses (fom
edimensional.com). the glasses works fine with games like
dukeManhatamProyect or other games. (my PC have the drivers (and stereo
driver) for my nvidia AGP card.)
This glasses come with a video sinchronization adapter and a infrared
transmitter.

I think that SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes
<cid:part1.03060405.07050608 at numerica.com.co> will works, but when I
choose it: nothing happens.

In the mailing list, I found that not need any more to make it works.
but I'm without clues.
I need some special kind of display card ?.
The renderWindow-renderer configuration must be different ?
I need 2 separate renderWindow(a left and right) and merge it with some
special procedure?
If this kind of glasses do not works with vtk; who it does ?

Regards,
Alejandro Ospino.

PS: I've vtk5.0