[vtkusers] cut cow into 2 two bodys

berry lua.byhh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 20:17:53 EST 2006

hi, everyone

I have tried to cut the cow into 2 solid shapes following the clipcow
example.

After  the intersection section was trianglulated and stripped.
I use vtkAppendPolyData to append the stripped plane to hollow
parts of the cow separately. Originately I thought appending will produce 2
solid shapes, however, the intersection plane was not perfectly fit to the
hollow parts due to round off errors, the fitting sections are not
water-tight.

does vtk have some functionality to solve this problem?

kind regards
berry

--
Pang Shengyong
berry_hust at hotmail.com
Solidification  Simulation Lab, Huazhong Univ. of Sci. & Tech.

(Tel)+86-27-87541922