[vtkusers] memory error ?

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Tue Dec 19 12:03:03 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 14:46 -0300, Glauco Silva wrote:
> Thanks for your help Sean !!
> But i need to read a lot of data, and i think that vtk and python can't read
> !
> Does someone know the maximun data that vtk can read ?

I think you should be able to load images all at once, up to the size of
your RAM, or address space ( about a gigabyte on a 32 bit OS, virtually
unlimited on a 64 bit OS ). Long before then it becomes efficient to
stream the data ( read a little, process a little, write a little, read
a little... ).