[vtkusers] Passive stereo on Nvidia Quadro FX 3500

Valeria Gallo g_luigi at fastwebnet.it
Fri Dec 15 14:18:48 EST 2006

Hi, finally I bought a graphics card PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 3500 to realize a
passive stereo directly from VTK. My hw configuration is:
- 2 projectors DLP with linear polarized filters
- Graphics card PNY Nvidia Quadro FX 3500
- Linear polarized lenses
- Not depolarizing screen
I've also downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers:
- 91.36_forceware_quadro_winxp2k_international_whql.exe (Forceware)
- 91.31_winxp2kmce_international_whql.exe (3d stereo driver)

I've read this graphics card can convert automatically from active to
passive stereo mode (setting in vtk the CrystalEyes stereo mode and there is
an automatically conversion to the passive stereo mode on the two VGA output
lines), but I see only the same image on both outputs.
This is the simple code I've used:
	vtkRenderer *renderer = vtkRenderer::New();
	vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
	renWin->AddRenderer(renderer);
	renWin->SetStereoCapableWindow(1);
	renWin->StereoRenderOn();
	renWin->SetFullScreen(1);
	renWin->SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
	renWin->StereoUpdate();
In the Nvidia drivers i've just set the nView CLONE mode and a Double VGA
Output stereo mode.
On the Nvidia stereo test application I can see the stereo.
Where is my fault?

P.S. in the driver settings I can't fine the Quad Buffered stereo mode (and
neither an OpenGL section), I don't know if this could be the problem.
Thx for your help, I hope someone knows how to solve my problem