[vtkusers] Linking errors when building VTK 5.0.2 on Mac OS 10.4.8 (Intel) with Python 2.4.4

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Dec 15 11:03:50 EST 2006

On 2006-12-14 17:24, Zachary Heaton said:

>I've also tried building from the latest CVS instead of the stable
>5.0.2 release, with the same results.  Has anyone on the list had
>success or failures in building VTK in a similar configuration?  If
>success, what differences did your configuration have?  If failure,
>did your installation fail at the same point or at a different point?

One of my build machines is similar:

<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearchi386/MacOSXTiger-i386-
carbon/20061215-0300-Nightly/Notes.html>

I don't know anything about Python, and I didn't install it (just using
what came with the OS).  All I did was set VTK_WRAP_PYTHON to ON.

Are you sure the Python you installed in not ppc-only?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com