[vtkusers] visualize a 3d matrix?

TheSaint 555 thesaint555 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 04:58:20 EST 2006

Im new to VTK and have a few questions before I start using it.

I have an NxNxN matrix (N typically being 15-30). Each element is in the
range [0-3]. I would like to visualize the matrix as a collection of NxNxN
little cubes each colored only if the value is non zero (and be able to
rotate it with the mouse). I would like the zero-values elements to be fully
transparent. What is the easiest way to do this in VTK? Is there already a
class that implements this?

I would like to also be able to slice the matrix arbitrarily along the axes
and view the intersection of the elements with the cross section plane.

And is there an easy way to generate postscript of these image?