[vtkusers] Nightly build error

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Wed Dec 13 10:45:08 EST 2006

My nightly rebuild of VTK stopped working last night. It's supposed to
be the CVS head cmake building the cvs head VTK. Yesterday's build was
fine it's gargon.hooperlab down in the experimental builds, but today
ctest gives the error:

ctest  -S vtk_mesa.cmake
Unable to run cmake:
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
CMake Error: You are trying to build a very old version of VTK (prior to
VTK 4.2). To do this you need to use CMake 2.0 as it was the last
version of CMake to support VTK 4.0.
-- Configuring done

I did a fresh checkout just to make sure and I get the same thing. I
went into a clean build directory and used the mightly ccmake and get
the same thing. The trouble seems to go away if I use the system cmake
( from Fedora extras ) instead of the nightly one. This could be more of
a cmake issue  but I'm not on that list.