[vtkusers] Rendering of spheres

Bernhard Peters bernhard.peters at utanet.at
Sun Dec 3 13:04:39 EST 2006

Dear all,

in order to display speres of different sizes in 3D, I have taken the
following approach:

create a vtkSphereSource for each sphere to be displayed
create a vtkPolyDataMapper for each sphere to be displayed
create an vtkActor for each sphere to be displayed

For adding other geometries such as a cube I would apply the same
procedure.
For spheres only it worked already.

I wonder whether that is the correct way to do it in VTK since I am
still a beginner with VTK.

A last question: After having created all these actors for different
geometries should I push them into an assembly or into a vtkRenderer ?
What is better?

Thanks a lot

Bernhard