[vtkusers] re:Re: vtkImageMapper and GetWholeZMax() question

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Tue Aug 29 21:10:26 EDT 2006

Hi,

To display the image in 2D plane the spacing should be taken into account to ensure a correct ratio in each direction. For example, you can set the same spacing to the 3D image and you will find the extents are not change in XY, YZ or XZ plane.

Cheers,

Yixun Liu

Another observation:

When I have the slicer working with the whole volume (output dimensionality
3) then the whole extent is returned as follows:
XY: 0, 255:0, 255:0, 119
YZ: 0, 199:0, 186:0, 199
XZ: 0, 199:0, 186:0, 199

However, when I am working in the 2D mode (output dimensionality 2) then, I
have the following domain for the data:

XY: 0, 255:0, 255:0, 119
YZ: 0, 255:0, 119:0, 255
XZ: 0, 255:0, 119:0, 255

I can verify this by changing the SetResliceAxesOrigin of the reslicer and
it returns the correct slice.

I am wondering why this extent should be different when working with the
whole volume.... Is it taking the spacing into account and returning the
real world coordinates. Does not seem so though...

Any explanation would be really appreciated.

Cheers,

Anja