[vtkusers] how to get the mouse position and scalar value on that position i

James Z. stayinmd at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 07:43:37 EDT 2006

Hi, Dean,

  Thanks a lot for your widget!

 I used  your widget in my project. I use a vtkImageView2  and want to use  this widget in vtkImageView2  to display point location and scalar  value on that position. I used your widget as follow:

  vtkImageCoordinateWidget *coordWidget = vtkImageCoordinateWidget::New();
  coordWidget->SetInput(reader->GetOutput());
  coordWidget->SetProp(ImageViewer->GetImageActor()); // this line has problem

  But the last line of the above codes has problem, the error information is as follows:

  error C2664: 'SetPropA' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'class vtkImageActor *' to 'class vtkProp *'
  Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast,  C-style cast or function-style cast Error executing cl.exe.

  Would you please show me how to use this widget correctly? Thank you very much!

  regards,

  James

dean.inglis at camris.ca wrote:  Hi James

have a look at this post earlier this month:

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-August/086444.html

Try searching the archives since this has been asked
over and over and over....

Dean