[vtkusers] Writing TIFF images

Dr. Carsten Bellon Carsten.Bellon at bam.de
Fri Aug 25 03:19:31 EDT 2006

Hello,
I'm using vtkTIFFWriter for a long time to store my calculation results
(8bit grayscale). But by migrating to Vtk 5.0.x I lost the Windows
compatibility. That means there is no preview for VTK5-TIFFs in the
Windows Explorer and MS Office, PaintShopPro, .., are not able to read them.

I recognized some differences in Vtk4 and Vtk5 TIFFs: header is at the
end now, multiple strips now. But what are the key features in wider
compatibility?

How to get compatible TIFFs with Vtk5?
Thanks for any hints.
  Carsten

--
Dr.-Ing.         BAM Berlin * VIII.36 * D-12200 Berlin
Carsten Bellon   Tel:    ++49 - 30 - 8104 3658
                 Carsten.Bellon at bam.de