[vtkusers] vtkImageCanvasSource2D API

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Wed Aug 23 13:00:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am switching over to the new executives pipeline
and revamping my filters/utilitites/pipelines etc.
I have quite a few imaging utilitites that make
use of vtkImageCanvasSource2D (vtkICS2D) for drawing over
binary images/masks etc. for example: to
draw and fill in a user drawn closed polyline
(using vtkImageTracerWidget say) the vtkICS2D
has DrawPoint, DrawSegment, Fill, etc. etc. and
had SetImageInput for drawing on pre-existing
vtkImageData. vtkICS2D was made into a pure source
class some time ago removing this functionality.
Is there a simple workaround to recover this
pipeline functionality? (add vtkImageLogic?
vtkImageBlend? vtkImageMathemtatics etc.?)

thanks,
Dean