[vtkusers] Continuous colors

Naim naim at electromagneticworks.com
Fri Aug 18 11:37:27 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I used an unstructured grid to plot a continuous fringe (see
ContinuousFringe.jpg) below. The graduation of colors doesn't look smooth in
the circled area, it goes from red to blue right away and not as suppose to
be gradient from red to blue. I used this portion of code to plot my
unstructured grid:

// convert from unstructuredGrid to PolyData

vtkGeometryFilter *extract = vtkGeometryFilter::New();

      extract->SetInput(m_pUnstructuredGrid);

      extract->GetOutput()->ReleaseDataFlagOn();

vtkPolyDataNormals *normals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New(); // none

      normals->SetInputConnection(extract->GetOutputPort());

      normals->SetFeatureAngle(60.0);

      normals->GetOutput()->ReleaseDataFlagOn();

vtkStripper *stripper = vtkStripper::New(); // none

      stripper->SetInputConnection(normals->GetOutputPort());

Please take a look at the attached file and let me know if  i am using the
right filters to do my plot.

Thanks.

Naim Himrane

ElectromagneticWorks Inc.