[vtkusers] about vtkPolyDataNormals

Jia-Ming Pong simukoap at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 23:06:06 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  vtkPolyDataNormals can compute point normals for a polygonal mesh. If I
already use this class to get normal for every point, how can I just draw
one or serveral point normal out. I mean, I know the exact point coordinate,
how can I draw the normal of that point? (the point is original data, no
need to interpolate)

for example,
        vtkPolyDataNormals *normals = vtkPolyDataNormals::New();
        normals->SetInputConnection(data->GetOutputPort());
        normals->FlipNormalsOn();
        normals->ComputePointNormalsOn();

 then what should I add? (assume my point coordinate is (x,y,z) )

  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best,
Jia-Ming