[vtkusers] Add another module in Tcl

Mark B Stucky mstucky5 at cox.net
Wed Aug 16 19:29:47 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "H.Vidal, Jr." <hvidal at tesseract-tech.com>
To: <vtkusers at vtk.org>
Cc: "Gheorghe Postelnicu" <gheorghe.postelnicu at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Add another module in Tcl

> Write it in C++, and wrap it in swig. It's easy, it's fast,
> learning curve is very low, it's probably 'lighter' than
> doing it via wrapping mechanism in VTK.
>
> http://www.swig.org
>
> hv
>
> Gheorghe Postelnicu wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I am trying to solve a Laplace equation to get some profile lines. I
>> am specifying the ROI in a vtk GUI that I have in Tcl, but I figured
>> it would make more sense to do the numerical stuff in C++.
>>
>> Thanks,

I just wanted to make sure that you didn't have a "simple" computation.
After seeing your answer, I think that I'd agree with Gheorghe...

Give SWIG a try.

If you have any questions regarding swig and Tcl, you might
try posting questions to comp.lang.tcl

comp.lang.tcl is probably not the best place for swig related
questions, but they are very friendly and helpful.  For a
"swig / Tcl" question, that's where I'd go.

--Mark