[vtkusers] turning auto scaling off in vtk

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 16 05:54:13 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I am using vtkImageViewer2 component to show a display image that I host in
a QT Window.

I have scaled the image through vtkImageReslice and vtkTransform. However,
when the image is displayed, the vtkImageViewer2 scales it again to fit the
window size. Somewhere along the line, VTK is telling its renderers or the
render windows to rescale their displays.

I am browsing through the code but have not found anything like that yet. My
first instinct was to look in the vtkRenderInteractor and
vtkRenderInteractorStyle but unless I have missed something, they seem to be
ok.

Also, vtkRenderWindow does not seem to rescale unless the SetSize method is
being called by some other object to reduce the size again...

If anyone ahs any idea on how to turn the auto scaling off completely, I
would be very grateful.

Thanks again everyone,

Anna