[vtkusers] Crash when constructing a vtk object using new across DLL boundary

Anders Moe anders.moe at geocap.no
Fri Aug 11 07:40:52 EDT 2006

Hi all.

 I'm experiencing a crash in the contructor of my vtk subclass. I've
installed my own factory, and so therefore I'm creating the object using C++
built in new, not ::New. However, it crashes during the construction of the
object. This kind of error sometimes seem to appear when creating objects
across dll boundaries. Is anyone aware of any general issues here ? I'm
using MSVC 8.0 and vtk 5.0. Is this related to the vtk implementation of
void* vtkObject::operator new(size_t nSize) in vtkObject.cxx ?

Thanks,

Anders Moe