[vtkusers] Difference between 2 vtkPolyDataSet

Sébastien Decolnet seba_dec at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:15:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

I was a user of vtk 5.0 and I need to obtain the difference between 2
vtkPolyData in an other vtkPolyData.

My first idea is to create 2 vtkImplicitDataSet with my 2 vtkPolyData and
using these vtkImplicitDataSet in a vtkImplicitBoolean to obtain the
difference. But the output of vtkImplicitBoolean is an ImplicitFunction and
not a vtkPolyData....

In the VTK User's Guide of the version 4.4, they used vtkSampleFunction to
create geometry of the ImplicitFunction. We obtain a vtkImageData in the
output of this filter. How can I transform a vtkImageData in a vtkPolyData?
If somebody has another idea to obtain in a vtkPolyData the difference
between to other Polydata, can he help me to solve this problem??

Thanks