[vtkusers] VTK-Standart

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Tue Aug 8 18:28:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

on the vtk website there is a document that describes the vtk file format:
http://vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf
The section "Simple Legacy Formats" should be what you are looking for.

Some time ago I wrote some converters.
In my case the easiest way was using a reading or writing classes of vtk
(vtkUnstructuredGridReader for example can read vtk format files).

Regards, M.B.