[vtkusers] Tiff LZW compression

Ken Greiner ken at coventor.com
Tue Aug 8 09:48:50 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to use LZW compression with the vtkTIFFWriter, but I'm having
some trouble.  First, there's a licensing check for LZW compression,
which seems to be out of date (I believe that all relevant LZW
compression patents have expired?)
When I disable that license check in vtkTIFFWriter.cxx and recompile, I
get an out-of-disk-space error whenever I try to export a compressed
TIFF.  I've got lots of disk space, so I assume that this is a failure
somewhere in the tiff writer ( in fact I can see a generic error trap
that shows the out-of-disk-space message for any tiff writer failure).
Is there somebody out there who knows the code better than I do and
could help me sort this out?
Some more misc. information - I'm running on Windows 2K and XP,
compiling with .NET 2003 and using VTK version 5.0 source code.

Thanks!

Ken

Ken Greiner                           | Ph:  (617)497-6880 x236
Manager, Core Software                | Fax: (617)497-6882
COVENTOR                              | Cell Ph: (617)281-3091
ken at coventor.com                      | skype: kengreiner