[vtkusers] Synchronisation problem with my own InteractorStyleSwitch class

Franke, Stephan Stephan.Franke at inpro.de
Mon Apr 24 03:12:12 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have written my own switch class for interactor styles.
This class manage the switch between vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera,
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera and vtkInteractorStyleRubberBandZoom.
The implementation for this class is the same like in
vtkInteractorStyleSwitch.
When I switch many times between Joystick and Trackball all works fine.
But when I switch between RubberBandZoom and one of the other styles I
get
a segvault in vtkSubHelper :: InvokeEvent. One of the vtkObserver
objects there has an invalid
referenzpointer on his 'next' vtkObserver object (heap address
0xfeefee).
I thing that the problem is the missing synchronisation that the
vtkSubHelper class did not recognize, that
one of the vtkObserver object in its list was deleted between the switch
of the interactor styles in my class.
So I am looking for a solution to solve this problem. Did someone had
solved this problem or a similar
problem for observer objects in general?
Thanks in advance for your help and hints.

Best regards,
Stephan Franke