[vtkusers] The method seems wrong when vtkCurvatures calculates the mean curvature

Guangyu (Jeffrey) Zou jeffrey.gy.zou at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 09:42:02 EDT 2006

Hello guys,

I am using the vtkCurvatures of VTK 5.0. I notice that it calculate the mean
curvature by dividing the sum of weighted edges with the number of
neighboring edges around current vertex. But according to the papers: N.
Dyn, etc's "Optimizing 3d triangulations using discrete curvature analysis"
and Gady Agam etc's "A sampling framework for accurate curvature estimation
in discrete surfaces", the sum should be only divided by a constant of 4.
Can anyone give me any explanation for that? I am very new to this field.

Thanks!

Jeff