[vtkusers] ask for sample code of ShearWarp volume rendering (vtkVolumeShearWarpMapper)

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Fri Apr 14 04:00:57 EDT 2006

A long time ago, I played with the shear warp code and committed it to
vtk, but it has never been maintained, didn't work fully and I think is
still not being looked after. In my opinion you might as well just use
3D Texture mapping, on high end graphics cards with plenty of memory,
the results will be much faster and depending on the data size -
comparable quality. Look in the VolumeRendering dir of recent VTK
versions for more stuff.

I expect Lisa Avila might be able to give you some thoughts if she's
reading this.

JB