[vtkusers] Map double scalar values to grayscale

Michnay Balázs michnay at freemail.hu
Wed Apr 12 09:39:48 EDT 2006

Dear VTK Users,

I have a vtkDoubleArray which holds scalar data of an image. These
values can be even negative.
I need to visualize this image so I need to map these values ranging
from  x-y (x can be negative...) to 0-255.
So the final image should be a 8-bit grayscale image.
I tried to look at previous threads but I found no solution to this. I tried
vtkLookupTable but I could not find out how to use it to achieve this (it
may not even be able to perform such thing...).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  lot,

MB.