[vtkusers] Structured Grid Fitlers and Updating (vtkDataSetToStructuredGrid)

Russell Hind rhind at mac.com
Wed Apr 5 11:18:14 EDT 2006

I'm trying to implement a vtkDataSetToStructuredGridFilter (in Borland
C++Builder 6, using VTK 4.4).

That actual input being passed to my filter is vtkPolyData.  The problem
I've got is that when I call Update on my filter, it never invokes the
Execute method.  I'm trying to look through the VTK books on this, but
not getting very far.

My guess is that it is to do with the UpdateExtents stuff, in that the
source is not VTK_EXTENT_3D and I think I'm required to set the extents
on the update so it knows it requires updating, but I can't find out how
to do this, or exactly what I need to do.

Has anyone implemented, or know of any examples, of a filter that takes
vtkPolyData and returns vtkStructuredGrid datasets?

Thank you

Russell Hind