[vtkusers] Hairy client server issue.

jonathan grimm flymolo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 17:06:51 EDT 2006

I have a vtk4.4 client program running on windows.  It uses ATL and
messages, and I'm not fully comfortable with it.  The server is
currently also vtk4.4 and runs on windows and  linux IA64.  They
communicate using vtkSocketCommunicator and vtkInput/OutputPort.

I need to port the server to OSX 10.4.  I am having problems building
vtk4.4 on the mac.  I have a build of vtk5.0 on the mac, but it
doesn't have vtkOutputPort.  Can I just pull the latest versions out
of the CVS attic and add them to my vtkLocal?  Are there any other
issues in communicating between vtk4.4 and vtk5.

--
Sometimes it's hard to tell the dancer from the dance - Corwin in CoC