[vtkusers] x server error on linux

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:07:22 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 19:20 +0000, Jesse Corrington wrote:
> what did you mean by this.
> >I always just strip out all the render stuff and use files.  But for
> >movies...

I mean that when I batch process data on our server the code I use does
not contain a renderer, there is no render window, nor is there an
interactor.  The only mappers I use save data to files to be rendered
later. The data are just point coordinates and cell connections not
usually image data.

I think to make movies you'll need to actually render your data at every
angle.  This does not absolutely require a window, but I don't know how
to do it.  Search for discussions on off screen rendering.