[vtkusers] vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter

Tim Hutton tim.hutton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:56:53 EDT 2005

Hi Rohan

Yes, this often happens with vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter, due to
its requirement that the surface be densely sampled at all points - it
can't cope with open surfaces or with outliers.

The standard response is to try the powercrust algorithm instead:
vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction, at:
http://www.sq3.org.uk/powercrust/

Tim

Tim Hutton  -  http://www.sq3.org.uk